Another Gala cancelled because of sewage leak at Montrose Sports Centre

0
Have your say

Montrose Leisure Centre’s pool has had to close for a second time because of contaminated water bursting through a ceiling as a result of a fractured pipe carrying sewage.

The incident on Saturday evening led to the pool’s being closed until the following afternoon while teams of plumbers and cleaners got to work.

The pipe leads from upstairs toilets.

By coincidence, Saturday’s mishap also occurred while a Midlands District swimming gala was taking place, just as was the case during the first burst, a fortnight before.

The smell was disgusting and the gala was immediately cancelled.

Councillor David May is asking why the problem was not fully resolved the first time, and wants to know what is being done differently this time.