It’s full steam ahead for MoFest 2015

Rock legends Status Quo headlining the 2014 festival

Rock legends Status Quo headlining the 2014 festival

0
Have your say

The team behind Montrose Music Festival say they are now “in full planning mode” for the 2015 event.

Secretary Anne Jenkins has told the Review there will be changes to the High Street event and the group have listened to the concerns of revellers and will be making changes for this year’s festival.

She said: “MoFest is now the premier music event in Angus, so we’re working closely with Angus Council to capture the tourism benefits it brings for the area.

“This year the High Street events on Saturday and Sunday will be different.

“We’re going to amalgamate the youth festival and the High Street event into one, mixing the younger acts in with the more established groups over the
weekend.

“We’ve been working with Event Scotland in relation to the Year of Food and Drink in 2015 to bring an exciting new aspect to the High Street events.

“2014 was a phenomenal year for MoFest - Status Quo in Montrose, who’d have thought that would happen?

“We took a lot of criticism for some things last year - people being able to watch from outside for free, so that’s something we’re looking at for next year, but ultimately it just showed that there was more interest than we had tickets for.

“Ticket price was another thing people complained about but the money generated from that one paid event funds the rest of the festival. MoFest itself doesn’t make any money from the bands over the Saturday and Sunday and it costs a lot of money to build an outdoor arena.”

Band and trader applications are now open via the MoFest website www.montrosemusicfestival.co.uk.

Anne concluded: “We’re hoping to be ready to announce the headline act soon, very exciting times ahead for that!”