As thousands of music lovers descend on Montrose for MoFest 2015, organisers have prepared some top tips to ensure everyone has a great weekend:
1. Plan ahead – programmes are now available to buy via MoFest’s online shop at www.montrosemusicfestival.co.uk or from Henry Hoggs newsagents, locally. So, get your copy and plan to see your favourite acts. Also, factor in time to explore the new features of this year’s festival, for example, the ‘Market Street’ area and the MoFest Dome.
2. Shop windows – an event not to be missed. A range of artists will perform to raise money for Cancer Research UK. A list of acts and timings are available in the MoFest 2015 programme.
3. Take time out and relax in the ‘Market Street’. There are plenty of food options and there’s a chill-out tent, so you can have a seat, relax, recharge your batteries while listening to superb acoustic sets.
4. Respect local residents. Not all locals attend the Montrose Music Festival, so please, when you’re in the town, consider others.
5. Keep up to date – The MoFest team will be updating their website (www.montrosemusicfestival.co.uk), Twitter account (@mofestofficial) and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/montrosemusicfestival) leading up to and over the course of the weekend.
6. Drink responsibly - soft drinks and water are available at all venues and in the ‘Market Street’ area.
7. Dress for the weather – plan ahead and check the forecast before you leave. The MoFest Dome offers an additional indoor venue and ponchos will be on sale at various locations...just in case!
8. Tickets! If you’re attending Ash’s concert at the Montrose Town Hall on the Friday night (May 22), don’t forget your ticket. It’s the only ticketed event of the weekend.
9. Survivor? If you get through the weekend, join the team for the Survivors’ Night from 9 pm on the Sunday (May 24) at Harr’sy Bars.
10. Continue to support MoFest – Madness are to perform at the East Links on Sunday, July 5, while Cast has been confirmed for the Montrose Town Hall on Sunday, October 18.