Consistent play by MCT

Black Abbot 1 MCT 9

MCT GOT off to a flying start at Links Park with a goal in the second minute. A corner from Hood was headed into the net from six yards by Darren McLEAN.

The second goal came in eight minutes after some good one-touch passing resulting in McLean putting Grant McPHERSON through to finish with aplomb from 10 yards. Two minutes later McPherson came close again.

MCT kept up their great start and came close again, after a great run from Hood and a lay off from Candy left McPherson with a shot at goal which the ‘keeper saved well.

Candy went close with a shot which went wide, but in 20 minutes, after a long ball from Mennie, a good flick from McPherson put CANDY away. He drew the ‘keeper and finished well from close-in for his 30th goal of the season.

It was 4-0 a minute later when Richard STRIDGEON ran onto a McPherson pass to finish with his left foot from just inside the box.

MCT were close with another couple of efforts as the first half ran out, but no further goals were scored.

Half-time: Black Abbot 0, MCT 4.

MCT scored even quicker in the second half with a goal in the 46th minute. The ball broke to McPHERSON 25 yards out and his trundler of a shot seemed to go right through the ‘keeper and into the net.

The sixth goal came three minutes later after McPherson ran through on the ‘keeper who brought him down. McPHERSON sent the custodian the wrong way for his hat-trick goal which keeps him hot on the scoring heels of strike partner Candy.

In 55 minutes Hood went on a great run and had a fine shot saved well, as the recent signing still searched for his first goal in MCT colours.

Black Abbot scored a goal in 66 minutes with a shot past the furious Laidlaw in goals.

In 77 minutes a good run from substitute MORRIS ended with him chipping the ball over the ‘keeper and into the top corner from a tight angle. McPherson was close with another shot a minute later which the ‘keeper saved.

Substitute Robbie LEITH made it eight in 83 minutes with a cool side foot finish from 12 yards after another McPherson.

It was 9-1 with three minutes left when substitute John FERGUSON ran on to a McPherson through ball to coolly finish past the advancing keeper from close in, to round off the scoring.