Fine win for Johnshaven

Johnshaven Athletic 5, Burghmuir 2

JOHNSHAVEN played host to Burghmuir who travelled from Inverurie for this game.

In the second minute a Johnshaven throw-in found Scott Beedie turned and shot just wide.

Two minutes later, R. Blease passed to Milne who crossed to Scott Beedie who won a corner. This was taken by D. Smith and was flicked home by James McKellar to put Johnshaven in the lead 1-0.

In the sixth minute Scott Beedie passed out to McKellar whose shot was brilliantly saved by the Burghmuir ‘keeper. The ball rebounded back to Scott Beedie who slotted home to increase Johnshaven’s lead to 2-0.

Not long after this a slip up in the home defence allowed Burghmuir to put in a cross which was met by an incoming midfielder but his shot went wide.

In the 23rd minute a Burghmuir free kick was well saved by Johnshaven ‘keeper Jarred MacLean.

A few minutes later, in Johnshaven’s next attack, McKellar passed to D. Smith whose shot trickled wide. Milne reached the ball but his effort from a tight angle also went wide.

A couple of minutes later Scott Beedie knocked the ball down to McKellar who turned and shot over the bar.

On the half-hour mark a neat finish from Burghmuir made the score 2-1.

Five minutes later, R. Blease crossed to Scott Beedie but his shot went wide.

In the 43rd minute a Burghmuir striker charged down a Johnshaven clearance which he then capitalised on to equalise.

At the start of the second half a McKellar cross found R. Blease but his header went over the bar.

In the 55th minute Scott Beedie broke and passed to Milne but his shot was well saved by the Burghmuir ‘keeper.

Eight minutes later Johnshaven ‘keeper MacLean made a point-blank save. Just after this the homesters made their first substitution when Alexander Bruce replaced Darryl Smith.

In the 65th minute a shot from Ross Blease bounced over the diving Burghmuir ‘keeper to put Johnshaven back in the lead 3-2.

Three minutes later Burghmuir were reduced to 10 men when their ‘keeper was sent off.

In the 69th minute an Alexander Bruce cross come shot found the top corner of the net to further increase Johnshaven’s lead to 4-2.

Just after this Johnshaven made their second substitution when Leon Dundas replaced Robert Milne.

Five minutes later, McKellar ran down the right then crossed to Bruce. He flicked the ball on to Ross Blease who found the net to make the score 5-2.

In the 80th minute Johnshaven made their last substitution when Ryan Ritchie replaced Graham Walger

Six minutes later, a McKellar cross found L. Dundas whose header was saved by the Burghmuir ‘keeper.

Man of the match was Graham Walger.

Team: Jarred MacLean, Jack Dalgarno, Aaron Welsh, Steven Smith, Steven Scott, Graham Walger (Ryan Ritchie), James McKellar, Ross Blease, Darryl Smith (Alexander Bruce), Robert Milne (Leon Dundas) and Scott Beedie. Subs: Stuart Beedie and Jason Leven.

Match sponsor: Murphy Estates.