Galaxy take time to score 10

Fourdon Galaxy 10 Marykirk 0

It TOOK 29 minutes and a change of formation before Fordoun finally broke Marykirk’s stubborn resistance in what ultimately became a one-sided affair on Sunday.

Murray crossed from the left to find A. STIRLING, who had ghosted in at the back post and finished well.

The goal sparked Fordoun into life and they doubled their lead two minutes later when N. KEDDIE was fouled in the box and got up to convert the penalty.

N. KEDDIE got his second goal when, in the 42nd minute, he controlled the ball well in the box before beating the visiting ‘keeper.

N. Keddie should have completed his hat-trick before half-time when he rounded the ‘keeper, but the ball bobbled and the Fordoun midfielder got in quick and scuffed the ball past the post.

Half-time: Fordoun Galaxy 3, Marykirk 0.

Only two minutes had been played in the second half when M. McLaren hit the bar.

Two minutes later the same player headed past as Fordoun looked keen and sharp to add to their lead.

In 51 minutes the prolific N. KEDDIE did succeed in completing his hat-trick, when Murray was fouled in the box and Keddie scored his second penalty of the match.

It was a five-goal lead in 56 minutes when McLAREN shot inside the post.

Two minutes later A. STIRLING got his second of the game when he knocked a goal-bound N. Keddie effort over the line.

Fordoun were at this point scoring at will and THOMSON added a seventh with an effort from 30 yards which left the ‘Kirk ‘keeper with no chance.

In the 62nd minute the finest father/son combination in the league worked its magic again as father Richard Keddie set up son Nathan KEDDIE for their side’s eighth.

Fordoun weren’t finished yet and DUNCAN fired home from 20 yards to make it nine.

Then DEANS added the 10th and final goal of the game, sealing a comprehensive win.

Fordoun: Milne, Cuthill, Duncan, Cargill, A. Stirling; N. Keddie (Norrie), R. Stirling, Thomson, Murray (Deans), McComiskie (R. Keddie) and McLaren.