Galaxy the stars

Picture House 1 Fordoun Galaxy 9

The first goal came in the 12th minute when MURRAY finished well at the back post to give Fordoun the lead.

Six minutes later A. Stirling sent in a teasing cross to R. KEDDIE for his second goal in the Galaxy colours.

The next goal came just before half-time as R. KEDDIE scored a tap-in after a McLaren shot.

Half-time: Picture House 0, Fordoun Galaxy 3.

It took Fordoun just 30 seconds of the second half to score. A. Stirling won the ball back from kick off, cutting the Picture House defence open with an incisive through ball to McLAREN who smashed home. In the 60th minute Fordoun won a corner which was whipped in by Murray and diverted into his own net by a Picture House defender. The homesters pulled one back, catching Fordoun on the counter attack.

In the 69th minute McLaren showed great skill before setting up strike partner R. KEDDIE to tap home for his hat-trick. The Stirling brothers combined for the seventh as Andy cut the ball back from the by-line to Ross STIRLING.

Three minutes later it was 8-1 as R. KEDDIE scored yet again after a stramash in Picture House box.

However, Fordoun completed the scoring in the 86th minute with DEANS making amends after his sitter of a miss, tapping home from a McLaren cross.

Fordoun: Milne, A. Stirling, Cuthill, Duncan, Norrie, Murray (Smart), N. Keddie (Thomson), R. Stirling, Deans, McLaren and R. Keddie (Cruickshank).

Fordoun Galaxy 8

City Royal 6

Fordoun were without a number of players including all four ‘keepers, so Cruickshank was the fifth to wear the number one jersey this season.

Galaxy tamely allowed Royal to take advantage. Parity was restored when KEDDIE equalised from close range. Fordoun were architects of their own downfall when they conceded a cheap free kick on the edge of the area and a deflection off the wall helped it past Cruickshank.

Things went from bad to worse when the ball broke kindly for Royal and with three attackers charging through Cruickshank was beaten again. Fordoun pulled one back before half-time when Murray played in KEDDIE who chipped the ‘keeper.

Half-time: Fordoun Galaxy 2, City Royal 3.

McLAREN equalised when THOMSON flicked home R. Stirling’s corner.

Fordoun extended their lead when a goal-bound DUNCAN effort took a deflection on its way to the back of the net. DUNCAN scored his second with an even better strike. MURRAY nutmegged the ‘keeper to make it 7-3 but Royal quickly got one back after a scramble in the Fordoun box.

DUNCAN completed his hat-trick but still Royal wouldn’t give up and made it 8-5 with Fordoun claiming for an offside decision.

City Royal’s big number 10 rounded Cruickshank for the final goal.

Fordoun: Cruickshank, Deans, A. Stirling, Duncan, Davies (Ferguson), Murray, R Stirling, Thomson, Simpson (Forbes), R. Keddie and McLaren.