Great game for goal-lovers

MCT AND Picture House clashed for the third time this season.

The game kicked off in glorious sunshine at Broomfield - but ended up raining goals.

MCT opened the scoring in 10 minutes. McPherson headed the ball off the bar and Chris PETRIE rattled it on the volley into the net from six yards for his first goal of the season.

Six minutes later captain Greig picked up the ball on the half-way line and set off on a mazy run, beating players for fun but the ‘keeper saved his shot and the ball broke to Grant McPHERSON who scored easily from 10 yards.

MCT should have scored again after a great slick passing move. Stridgeon ran through and shot against the post from 10 yards. MCT made it three in 30 minutes when another good move ended with Candy crossing to the back post where the ‘keeper got a touch but the ball fell to PETRIE poaching at the back post to score.

It was one-way traffic and MCT went close a couple of times before they made it four in 40 minutes. A great cross from Burnett was volleyed in from eight yards by Mark DUNCAN.

Half-time: MCT 4, Picture House 0.

The next goal came in 55 minutes when PETRIE found himself through on goal but the ‘keeper saved; however, the ball broke to Billy CANDY to stroke home from 12 yards.

Five minutes later Picture House got a goal back with an effort at the back post, close in.

Picture House then had a purple patch and scored another couple of quick goals through skipper FINDLATER, aided by some appalling defending by MCT,

Three goals in 10 minutes for Picture House had MCT on the back foot but in 75 minutes STRIDGEON scored from five yards after a goalmouth scramble.

Back came the visitors and FINDLATER scored his third.

It was 7-4 in 80 minutes when Grant McPHERSON shot home from 20 yards off the post to calm MCT’s nerves. MCT scored their final goal with five minutes to play when Williams turned on a sixpence and shot from 10 yards. The ball looked to be heading into the net but CANDY made sure and poked it home from a yard.

Picture House scored a fifth goal in the final minute.