Hillside in fine form

Hillside got back on track after a poor defeat at the weekend at home to MCT, with a good win away from home at The Old Bolag in Brechin.

Good early pressure saw a couple of chances from all three attacking midfielders and The village men were soon 1-0 ahead with a goal at the back post from the returning Dean Sellar, Taggart assisting.

They kept the pressure on and won a throw off a cleared corner, Morris quickly found Taggart in the box, who rounded the defender and smashed home for 2-0.

Morris found Keddie with a throw and the big striker did well to hold it up and lay it off neatly to Dean Sellar who found a yard and drove it in off the underside of the bar for 3-0.

Bolag pulled two back from two similar long throws and had Hillside on the back for about one minute when some neat play in the middle from Taylor won a free kick. Chris Robb stepped up and placed the ball into the bottom corner to settle the nerves of Hillside, 4-2.

As swift move from defense and a tidy ball down the right from Fyvie, found Dean Sellar who struck early and left the keeper with no chance, 5-2 and a Sellar Hat trick.

Final minute and Taylor broke from the back and punted the ball long for Chris Robb to run onto, round the ‘keeper and finish coolly for 6-2.

Man-of-the-match was Dave Lamb, solid at the back.

Hillside 8, Lochside United 0

Hillside lined up against Lochside United for the second time in 10 days, this time at home.

Play eventually got under way with Hillside applying lots of pressure from the early stages, pressing the ball high up the field.

This soon resulted in a goal when midfield stalwart Chris Fyvie harried the ball from the ‘keeper who lay and watched helplessly as it was slotted in to the empty net.

Hillside continued to keep the pressure on and Lochside were on the backfoot with long balls out of defence their only option, one of these being picked up by Robb at the back who opened up the play down the right wing with Taggart taking a pass, cutting inside and swinging the ball onto the penalty spot where Fraser Duncan superbly lobbed the keeper from 12 yards to make it two.

Sadly that was Duncan’s last involvement due to an injury. He was replaced by Gary Alan.

Hillside defender Daniel Thornton fed the ball over the top to the on running Morris who pressed well and won a throw. Morris with the throw in found Chris Fyvie on the edge and he drove past the defender and smashed it home for his second of the day. 3-0.

It wasn’t long before Hillside were in the goals again with McLaren breaking down the right from the back, passing two players and sliding it in to the path of Andrew Taggart who finished well to make it 4-0 at the interval.

Some great passing from the midfield three saw Chris Fyvie released who drove the ball home for 5-0 and yet another Welfare League hat-trick.

Once again Fyvie was the provider with Morris on the edge of the box, his first touch was weak and the initial shot saved by the ‘keeper only for Morris to bring the ball down well second time and shoot on the turn past the helpless ‘keeper for 6-0.

More neat football in the middle and a smart pass from Taylor to Taggart who was tireless on the wing, darted in to the box and squared the ball for Keddie, who moved it one more to Morris on the edge of the six yard box to smash home his second, 7-0.

Hillside wrapped things up when an Alan pass found Keddie, who burst in to the area and very unselfishly squared the ball for Taggart who tapped in at the back post for his second of the day. Man-of-the-match was Chris Fyvie.