Johnshaven on a good run

Don Athletic 2 Johnshaven 3

Johner left it late but nonetheless took home all the points in a pretty dire affair in Aberdeen.

Johnshaven had a chance when Rausch played a one-two with S. Blease but he snapped at his shot.

‘Keeper M. Smith made an excellent diving save when the home team striker beat the offside trap.

But Johnshaven were relieved to get to half-time level after their worst 45 minutes of the season so far.

Half-time: Don Athletic 0, Johnshaven 0.

They upped their performance in the second half, but in the 50th minute Don Athletic took the lead after a dangerous ball was hit across the face of goal and prodded home.

Johnshaven made their only change when Trialist replaced C. MacLaren, and pulled a goal back after Trialist won a free kick 35 yards out. N. MacLAREN fired into the top corner to give the away side a big lift.

The away team was dominating and was unlucky not to score through S. Blease and Rausch.

In the 89th minute the game looked like a draw but suddenly came alive. S. BEEDIE made an excellent turn and blasted the ball into the back of the net.

Just 20 seconds after the re-start Don Athletic got an equaliser when despite calls for offside, their winger scored at the back post.

Johnshaven threw caution to the wind and with no more than 15 seconds left pushed nearly everyone forward. The ball fell to S. Blease who tried to control it with his head and was kicked in the face. Penalty. The reliable R. BLEASE sent the away team home happy.

Man of the match - Lee Hood.

Team: Smith, Trialist, Dalgarno, Steven Scott, R. Blease, N MacLaren, Rausch, S. Beedie, S. Blease, Hood and C. MacLaren (Trialist).

Johnshaven 6

Scotstown Rovers 1

Johnshaven stretched their unbeaten run to five games with a comfortable victory against Hazelhead outfit Scotstown Rovers.

Manager Williams had an almost full squad to pick from although they were missing their number one goalkeeper.

An early injury to Stephen Scott meant a Johnshaven reshuffle as Comiskey came on.

R. Tringham’s long throw-ins were causing problems, but no one was able to guide the ball into the net.

The home team took a lead into half time when after 40 minutes when an excellent long range shot from T. DALGARNO found the top corner.

Half-time: Johnshaven 1, Scotstown 0.

Johnshaven made a half-time change when Rausch replaced the injured Beedie.

A cross from N. MacLaren found HOOD, and he chested the ball down beautifully and rifled it into the net.

Scotstown pulled one back when Johnshaven lost concentration.

Captain Steven Scott suffered a nasty head knock and was replaced by Slavin.

Johnshaven then produced a deadly 10 minutes in which they killed the game off. COMISKEY finished off a nice move involving Rausch and R. Tringham; soon after, N. MacLAREN prodded home in a goalmouth scramble following good work from Hood. HOOD doubled his personal tally with a fine individual effort to beat the ‘keeper at the near post.

There was time for Johner’s sixth as Rausch set up COMISKEY and he made no mistake from five yards.

Man of the Match - Adam Comiskey.

Team: Trialist, R. Tringham, J. Dalgarno, Steven Scott (Slavin), Stephen Scott (Comiskey), N. MacLaren, Hood, R. Blease, S. Beedie (Rausch), T. Dalgarno (C. MacLaren) and S. Blease (Cruickshank).

Johnshaven 6

Glentanar 2

Johnshaven hosted promotion chasing Second Division team Glentanar Reflex in an entertaining game, but an excellent first half from the home team meant their name would go forward to the Aberdeen FC Trophy third round draw.

From a foul from 30 yards out in the fourth minute, N. MacLAREN set the tone for his afternoon as he fired into the top left corner.

In the 10th minute MYERS was one-on-one with the ‘keeper and slid his shot underneath the diving man.

In the 16th minute Myers took an outswinging corner and N. MacLAREN rose like a salmon to power a header into the back of the net.

Glentanar pulled a goal back from a defensive error.

Hood whipped in an excellent ball from a free kick and J. DALGARNO blasted it into the roof of the net.

Half-time: Johnshaven 4, Glentanar 1.

N. MacLaren swept the ball out to Myers. He crossed to HOOD who threw himself at the ball to score an outrageous diving header.

In the 67th minute Glentanar pulled back another from close range after Johnshaven failed to clear.

Thirteen minutes later N. MacLAREN got the hat-trick his play deserved with the goal of the day. Picking up the ball at the halfway line he turned and played a one-two with Hood. Then, from 30 yards out he unleashed a ferocious strike into the top corner giving the ‘keeper no chance as the ball swerved all over the place.

Team: Smith, R. Tringham, J. Dalgarno, Steven Scott, R. Blease (Kulinski), T. Dalgarno, Comiskey (Rausch), N. MacLaren (S. Beedie), Myers (D. Stephen), Hood and Cruickshank (C. MacLaren).