Johnshaven unable to break the deadlock

The first long haul trip of the season was made to Rothienorman on Saturday for a top of the table clash which saw neither team win nor any change to Johnshaven being top of their division.

Manager Williams stated we were guilty of missing some great chances but Rothie hit the cross bar with just a few minutes left so it was not a disaster for the away team to come home with a point.

Johnshaven had the first attack when T. Dalgarno passed out to R. Tringham whose angled shot was saved by the Rothie ‘keeper’s leg. The rebound fell to Scott Beedie but a poor first touch let him down.

Not long after this Rothie won the ball and took it into the 18-yard box where keeper Findlater cleared with his out stretched leg.

Rothie had two corners in quick succession the first came to nothing and the second towards the penalty spot deflected off one of their own players out for a goal kick.

In the 12th minute Johnston picked out Smith who crossed to Scott Beedie but his shot was blocked by a Rothie defender.

A few minutes later Smith put the ball through to Scott Beedie whose shot was blocked.

The ball came back to MacLaren, who put in an angled cross into the 18 yard box, R. Blease ran on but just failed to connect before the ball was cleared.

A Johnshaven throw-in by R. Tringham went to MacLaren whose header brought out an excellent one handed save from the Rothie ‘keeper.

Soon MacLaren was back in action when, following a corner from T. Dalgarno, he was unlucky not to score when his shot was cleared off the line.

Smith passed to Slavin who went on a solo run up the park before passing, Scott Beedie ran across but his shot went just past the post.

A Johnshaven throw-in by Slavin found MacLaren who knocked the ball on to R. Blease, he passed to J. Dalgarno who took the ball in 10yds but his rising shot was caught by the keeper.

Just before half time Johnshaven almost scored when an R. Blease 20yd shot looked to be going into the top corner until the out stretched fingers of the Rothie keeper just managed to push it over the bar.

In the opening minute of the second half a Johnshaven corner by T. Dalgarno found Scott Beedie whose header was pushed over the bar by the Rothie keeper.

Then Beedie played in T. Dalgarno who turned his man but his shot went over the bar.

On the hour mark fresh legs were introduced when Lee Paton replaced Scott Beedie.

In the 73rd minute J. Dalgarno passed to R. Tringham who crossed to R. Blease at the near post but his left foot shot went past the post.

A Johnshaven direct free kick by R. Tringham was punched clear by the Rothie keeper under pressure from MacLaren who was running in.

Rothie had a shot blocked and their resulting corner played to the back post was cleared by Johnston.

Probably Rothie’s best chance of scoring came in the 83rd minute when they won the ball on the half way line, ran 10yds then shot but Johnshaven’s keeper Findlater tipped the ball onto the crossbar to prevent a certain goal

Johnshaven again introduced fresh legs when Kevin Bruce replaced Robert Tringham.

Man of the match was Ross Blease.

Team: Kieran Findlater, Jack Dalgarno, Lawrence Slavin, Daniel Towns, Mark Johnston, Nayland MacLaren, Robert Tringham (Kevin Bruce), Ross Blease, Tom Dalgarno, Scott Beedie (Lee Paton) and Steven Smith. Subsctitutes; Stuart Beedie and Stephen Stephen.