MCT demolish Bervie with 11

MCT 11 Bervie 0

Mct WANTED to get back to winning ways after their poor result the week before.

This week’s match against Bervie was at Broomfield, after the pitches at Bervie and Gourdon were deemed unplayable.

Stridgeon came close in five minutes with a great drive from 20 yards which crashed off the bar.

The opening goal was only delayed a further couple of minutes when an inch-perfect pass from Petrie put McPHERSON through on goal, and he fired a shot across the ‘keeper from 12 yards.

It was 2-0 when a pinpoint cross from Stridgeon was headed home by CANDY.

McPHERSON scored a carbon copy of his first goal a minute later, this time after a fine pass from McLean.

In 20 minutes a great corner from Stridgeon was bulleted in with the head by Darren McLEAN.

Candy went close with a lob and McLean with a header from another corner before MCT ‘keeper Laidlaw made two great saves, one at the feet of an attacker and another from a good shot from 20 yards.

A penalty was awarded after McPherson was brought down. Darren McLEAN stepped up to send the ‘keeper the wrong way from the spot.

In the last minute of the half another good Stridgeon corner was met by the head of Deryk McLEAN to guide the ball home.

Half-time: MCT 6, Bervie 0.

Laidlaw was called into action again to make a good save at the feet of Bervie striker in the first minute of second half.

After 56 minutes Candy hit the post from three yards when it seemed easier to score after good play on the wing from Hood.

A minute later STRIDGEON scored with a fine left-foot drive from 12 yards.

On the hour mark, CANDY scored after a fine move and a good pass from Hood.

The ninth goal came two minutes later after a good pass from Candy put McPHERSON through and he finished in style for his hat-trick.

Double figures were brought up after a pass from Candy fed PETRIE who took a touch and coolly finished past the ‘keeper.

No goals were scored for the next quarter-hour as the game puddled along in neutral, but with 10 minutes to play ‘keeper Laidlaw made a fantastic one-handed save after some shocking defending gave Bervie a free shot at goal.

The final goal came after Hood had a good shot palmed up in the air by the ‘keeper and in the scramble to clear a defender hit the ball off of McPHERSON on the line for his fourth.