West End and Roselea share league points

Forfar West End 1

Montrose Roselea 1

Forfar West End and Montrose Roselea enjoyed a rare competitive game on Saturday as they beat the weather to play out this East Premier League fixture.

It was great credit to the West End ground staff that the game went on.

They had pumped much water and the pump ran during the game.

The pitch was heavy but in good condition.

In three minutes a handball by West End player manager Daryl Mckenzie gave Roselea a chance from a free kick.

Euan Duff latched on to a bad pass back in eight minutes and shot low when through on Burns but the keeper saved with his feet.

A Hart shot was then tipped over by an alert Mcleod.

Forfar then went ahead inside 20 minutes.

Ramsay got behind the Roselea back line and despite Mcleod getting a touch, Ramsay shot and Collier saved on the line with his hands.

Referee Soutar had no choice but to send him off and award a penalty.

Hart struck his kick off the post and when the rebound hit his foot play was stopped for a foul to Roselea.

Edginess was creeping into the home side as support grew more and more anxious.

Scott Watson went close from 30 yards with a great effort which deceived Burns and with him scrambling to his far post, he was very happy to see it drop wide.

Reynolds found himself clear for West End after the break but Mcleod saved with his feet.

On the hour mark Mowatt almost caught West End out with a free kick which Burns tipped over.

From the corner Watson beat Burns to the ball with claims for a foul and the ball was cleared off the line.

In 72 minutes there was a great chance for the home side when the ball was laid back to Ramsay; Mcleod did well to push over his powerful shot.

West End went close several times with Mcleod saving well at his near post then Ramsay smacked the ball off the bar with a great strike at the end of a good passing move.

The sides were evened up in 84 minutes when Godfrey saw a second yellow card after he took offence to a Rae tackle.

Roselea went ahead in the 85th minute.

Mowatt drove in to the West End box going past two players before being felled by McKenzie.

Ref Soutar had no hesitation in pointing to the spot.

Mowatt drove the ball into the corner of the net.

Roselea were dreaming of a valuable three points but that was shattered with a goal from West End with two minutes left.

Ramsay picked the ball up and hit a great strike from 30 yards.

The ball moved in the air and slipped under a distraught Mcleod and into the net.

Roselea are on their travels next week with a trip to Armadale Thistle with a 2.15pm kick-off.

The Roselea bus will depart the Golf Inn at 10.45am and pick up in Arbroath at 11.05pm, supporters travel for free.