What a come-back!

Fordoun Galaxy 5, Hudsons 4

FORDOUN started Sunday’s match brightly and McComiskie was put clean through on the fifth minute but his effort flew inches past the ‘keeper’s right-hand post.

On the seventh minute Fordoun were awarded a penalty as McComiskie was fouled in the box.

Up stepped Nathan Keddie and the ‘keeper made a great diving save to keep out his effort.

On the 10th minute Fordoun were a goal down as they lost the ball in midfield and it was played through towards Milne in the Fordoun goal. The home ‘keeper missed the ball and the Hudsons’ attacker was left with a simple tap-in.

In the 14th minute Hudsons went two ahead as a perfectly delivered free kick was nodded home.

As if it couldn’t get any worse for Fordoun they were 3-0 down in 20 minutes as a corner was cleared to the edge of the box and a Hudsons’ shot went through a ruck of players and landed in the back of the net.

Fordoun pressed for a goal but couldn’t find a way through and found themselves four down after 40 minutes after a Hudsons’ counter-attack finished with the ball in the Fordoun net.

Half-time: Fordoun Galaxy 0, Hudsons 4.

Fordoun changed their formation for the second half and the result was virtually instant as McCOMISKIE smashed home at the back post to make it 1-4 with 47 minutes gone.

Fordoun had their tails up and were playing with a bit more self-belief.

Norrie replaced Deans in the 50th minute and it was the substitute who was fouled 25 yards out on the 52nd minute. Ross STIRLING sent in a great cross that evaded everyone and ended up in the net.

In 56 minutes substitute McLAREN had the ball in the back of the net as McComiskie flicked the ball on to him to rifle home from just inside the box.

Fordoun were now only a goal behind and were pushing for the equaliser.

And in the 60th minute they were level as some great work in the middle of the park and a flick on by McLaren let McCOMISKIE in and the Galaxy number 10 made no mistake by smashing it into the onion bag.

It had been a crazy 15 minute spell but during it Galaxy had scored four times.

Both teams started to push for the winner and it came in the 81st minute as the Galaxy got a free kick in the same position they scored from earlier in the half.

Ross Stirling delivered a carbon copy cross and again it ended up in the back of the net, to take the stand-in skipper’s tally to two for the day.

In the closing stages a Hudsons midfielder was sent off for a second caution.

Deep into injury time McComiskie was sent one-on-one with the ‘keeper, rounded him and was left with an open goal but put it over the bar from 10 yards when it looked easier to score.

This was an even greater second half comeback than Hibs against Falkirk for the Galaxy, after being four goals down at the interval.

Fordoun: Milne, Deans (Norrie), Cuthill (Smith), Cargill, Thomson, Murray (McLaren), N. Keddie, R. Stirling, R. Keddie, D. Cruickshank and McComiskie.