DCSIMG

Chapelpark Primary School

Chapelpark Primary School in Forfar, which is destined to be affordable housing.

Chapelpark Primary School in Forfar, which is destined to be affordable housing.

Chapelpark Primary School in Forfar was built in the early 19th century and originally housed the town’s academy.

The main building was designed by David Logan, who was also the architect of the original Montrose Academy, with the smaller building that housed the music department and gym being added in 1910.

After the new Forfar Academy buildings opened on Taylor Street in 1965, the academy was renamed Chapelpark and given over to primary education. The school was closed in 2008 due to a reorganisation of primary schools in Forfar and the formation of the new Whitehills and Strathmore primaries.

The B-listed building was placed on the market by Angus Council although no buyer was found, and it is now facing new lease of life as local authority-run affordable housing.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page